Last moments before surrender.
Three hours track of the orbiting sun. Paper negative 50×50 cm
New camera. Produces 40cm diameter paper negatives.
Triptych taken with the TripleTelecam. Contact print from papernegatives.120×50 cm
First image from the SunRa Solar Camera. 45 minute exposure from the rooftop of my studio. I did not develop the paper negatives, this is how they came out of the camera. The sun ‘burned’ it’s track into the paper.
sun ra solar camera
Discovering new ways of solargraphy. I created a multi-tele-camera from tubes of different lengths an d different pinhole sizes. Mounted it on a tripod, faced sunwards under right angle . Placed on the roof of my studio, it bears some resemblance of a rocket launcher, and also of some sort of icy dark extrasolar mineral cluster.
I am testing it right now. Keep you posted for the results.
This photo was taken with the Shoebox-pinhole camera. The paper negative was bleached with potassium dichromate/ hydrochloric acid an redeveloped. This created a positive image. #reverseprocess
new borders new territory
Pinhole image from my current exhibition ‘Lucas Kastelijn | Jacques Sonck‘ at WillemTweeFabriek. For this project I roamed the streets of Brussels with local residents and an array of ‘Totem camera’s’. These large pinhole camera’s acted as strange landmarks during the exposure time. We took long journeys trough this fascinating city, walking and by public transport, carrying the camera’s on our backs. This image is 90cm wide. The original paper negative was chemically ‘reversed’ to make a positive image.
betwixed man in liminal state
der Hase ist ein kühnes Tier
Pinhole image from the performance ‘Der Hase its in kuhnes Tier’. As true hermits, we locked ourselves up for one week in a large vault under the theater.
The ‘Bananacam’ (pinhole camera made from a bananabox) was a crucial element of this performance that combined sound-art, dance and slow photography. The 20 minute performance was captured in one image (40×50 cm barytapaper) en was processed live with the audience at Theater de Nwe Vorst
Another experiment from the Obscuravan/MPL. 130×130 cm on Ilford matte baryta paper.
I used multiple pinholes on this one. One of the first experiments with the ‘reversed process’, where I tried to transform the negative to a positive image. After developing, I bleached the negative with potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid before redeveloping it in normal light.